What is Enactus?
We asked our students the puzzling question: How would you define Enactus? People who have been involved in Enactus know the challenge this question poses as it is very difficult to have an answer to capture the complexity of what we are about. Here are some of the responses we got:
- Having the perspective to see an opportunity and the talent to create value from that opportunity, the willingness to do something and the commitment to see it through even when the outcome is not guaranteed.
- Enactus is an entrepreneurial group focused on providing new tactics to old problems.
- Enactus is a club/organization for young adults who want to make a positive change in the world through collaboration with others.
- A group of entrepreneurs coming together to solve problems, empower individuals, and impact many people.
- A group of people who create projects that empower people to help others. These projects are sustainable and they look for the benefit of a community.
- My family. A family that is helping me to grow and to improve my leadership skills.
- It is an opportunity to reach out to surrounding communities and in extension other countries to impact the world in a sustainable way while gaining valuable experience in various fields.
- Enactus is an opportunity to partner and collaborate with others in order to increase quality of life, sustainability, and efficiency.
- A class in which people find sustainable solutions for long-term or short-term problems in the United States or in other countries.
- A group of students volunteering their time and skills and knowledge to create and carry out various missions that will empower communities of people on a global level.
Without a doubt, Enactus is more complex than a few sentences can tell. However, our goal remains the same: to empower people and their communities.